Compare Dunlop SP Winter Sport 5 SUV tyre prices
See available prices
The grip your SUV needs on unforeseen winter roads
ENHANCED PERFORMANCE ON SNOW-COVERED ROADS
- Optimized geometry leading to increased block rigidity and therefore uniform pressure distribution.
AQUAPLANING DEFENSE (WATER AND SLUSH)
- Volume of water that can be evacuated is increased.
SUPREME LATERAL GRIP ON SLIPPERY SURFACES
- Center sipes, now parallel to block edges, increase in length and improve their ability to open and grab onto surfaces.
IMPROVED FUEL EFFICIENCY
- Optimized weight distribution in the tire.
SPECIFIC BEAD SEAT SYSTEM
- Strengthens the link between tyre and rim for a more precise driving experience. Like the grip between your hand and the steering wheel, the Specific Bead Seat System enhances control and conveys outstanding road feedback.Benefits Enhanced road feedback; greater stability and precision.
- ‘V’ shaped grooves in conjunction with the tread’s basic grooves create a fine network, which collects snow in the tread. This snow-on-snow contact enhances traction and grip.Benefits Advanced snow handling.
- A motorsport derived tread compound that delivers high levels of grip, particularly on wet roads and in low temperatures.Benefits Superb braking and acceleration performance; high grip in wet and cold-weather conditions; low wear and tear.
DIRECTIONAL TREAD DESIGN
- Designed for those cold wet morning drives, the directional tread design forces the water between the grooves. Water is quickly channeled away from the tyre surface, reducing the risk of aquaplaning.Benefits Reduced risk of aquaplaning.
MULTI RADIUS TREAD (MRT)
- MRT designs employ ten different radii and are therefore more precise. This results in highly effective pressure deployment on the road contact patch. The effect is smoother transitions from straight to corner, leading to more precise and progressive reactions.Benefits Significantly better control over the evolution of the footprint in all driving conditions; responsive wet and dry handling; increased cornering control.
JOINTLESS BELT (JLB)
- A Hybrid Overlay Technology that reduces circumferential deformations at high speeds.Benefits Superior high speed stability; smooth and even wear.
FLATTER TREAD PROFILE
- The new generation of Dunlop tyres features a flatter tread profile with a 4-8% bigger contact patch, depending on size and type of tyre. A bigger contact patch delivers more stability and enhanced road feedback, allowing tires to respond quickly and precisely.Benefits Increased stability and steering precision; reduced heel and toe wear; excellent cornering stability and precision; superior dry grip.
MULTI BLADE SYSTEM
- Winter driving conditions can vary greatly. From cold and dry to snow or sleet, these conditions make very high demands on a tyre. Dunlop’s multiple blade system meets this challenge head on, with different types of blades for varying winter road conditions.Benefits Consistent performance in various winter conditions.